Summary of Duties
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is currently recruiting one regular full time Spiritual & Religious Care Professional Leader/Education Supervisor.
Reporting to the Directors of Interprofessional Practice and Interprofessional Education, the Spiritual & Religious Care Professional Leader/Education Supervisor (Clinical Pastoral Education CPE) drives the discipline’s vision in Professional Practice, Education, Research and Leadership. The Professional Leader/Education Supervisor holds the oversight for staff chaplains/ spiritual care providers, on-call chaplains, clinical fellows and students to achieve the vision of the organization and discipline. The position provides leadership for clinical excellence, education and research as well as credentialing and continuing competency.
Professional and Academic Leadership responsibilities include:
• Promotes and advocates for person-centred spiritual and religious care throughout the organization.
• Leads and oversees spiritual and religious care education and initiatives within the hospital.
• Represents discipline interests in collaboration with a variety of internal and external interprofessional committees and initiatives.
• Professional development, planning implementation and evaluation for spiritual care staff within the hospital.
• Accountable for compliance with profession specific standards to provide quality of care in accordance with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) and the College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario (CRPO).
• Evaluates professional and academic performance through annual process and regular reviews.
• Performs budgeting and other financial responsibilities including payroll.
• Negotiates contracts for community religious care chaplains regarding their care for patients/staff, oversees religious volunteer visitors and maintains relationships with religious community leaders.
• Facilitates evaluation of the delivery of spiritual and religious care in order to enhance the quality of service to patients, families, and staff.
• Identifies, initiates, and or participates in research activities and facilitates the creation of best practice and translation into practice.
• Ensures worship services and religious space meet the needs and wishes of people from multifaith backgrounds.
• Oversees and coordinates on-call chaplaincy service.
• Shares on-call coverage.
Education Supervisor responsibilities include:
• Facilitates and supervises Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) on all levels (basic, advanced, specialist and supervisory education).
• Upholds and maintains standards for approved programs and accredited CPE Centres by the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC).
• Ensures multi-faith education to develop cultural competency among staff and students.
• Facilitates the continuing education of the spiritual and religious care team.
• Facilitates interprofessional education and collaboration experiences
• Masters of Divinity or equivalent degree
• Certified Supervisor-Educator (Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC )or Association for Clinical Pastoral Education [ACPE])
• Current endorsement by a faith community
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading, teaching & supervising Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) in a hospital setting that serves a culturally diverse population
• Registered with the College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario (CRPO)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters in one document quoting 182370 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click here to apply for position.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.