Requisition #: ALB00047889
Posting End Date: August 27, 2018
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: $34.52 – $59.20 per hour
Are you a visionary leader? Are you looking for a new opportunity? We have an exciting opportunity for you to make a difference with the Spiritual Health team in Central Zone! We are looking for an accredited faith leader who is a Specialist in Institutional Ministry (by the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care) to enhance the current model and move into a new zone based model for spiritual care. As the Spiritual Health Practitioner – Team Lead Central Zone your focus on visionary leadership, and advancing excellence in professional practice and patient and family centred care in Central Zone will be essential to making you successful in this role. The Team Lead will be accountable to the manager within the Seniors Health portfolio and work in collaboration and guidance within a multidisciplinary team and the AHS Provincial Spiritual Care Professional Practice Council.
All Non-Union Exempt positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly
The Team Lead coordinates operations, directs work assignments, at a local level. In tandem with the Central Zone Manager for Volunteer Resources/Spiritual Care identifies, prioritizes and addresses client and population needs in alignment with program model of care; anticipates, problem solves and reports issues to the manager (e.g., safety, equipment needs, staffing, quality standards); advises on and responds to emerging operational and practice issues as they arise in the day-to-day operations and implements and leads workplace initiatives based on identified priorities. The Team Lead models and encourages team communication and decision making approaches that demonstrate a commitment to excellence in professional practice; leads and facilitates practice in alignment with professional standards, ethics, regulation, legislation and AHS requirements; promotes, develops and implements a culture of reflective practice, skill development, continuous learning, critical thinking and innovation. As the Team Lead, you are responsible for identifying core competencies, providing program orientation, coaching, mentorship and staff development.
- An accredited leader in good standing with one’s faith group.
- Certified as Specialist in Institutional Ministry by the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a related area is required.
- Educational and/or other qualifications required to perform in the clinical area.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
In addition, the incumbent will possess a record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge of the client population and related evidence based practices.
- Leadership experience in service planning, coordination, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams, coaching, mentoring and teaching, and the ability to facilitate practice growth in others.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communication, problem solving, change management and organizational skills.