The following links to Internet sites are provided as a service to our visitors. CASC/ACSS and its Board of Directors have no control over the content of these sites and do not necessarily agree with the views or opinions expressed therein.
Other Spiritual Care associations
- National Association of Jewish Chaplains
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Catholic Health Alliance of Canada
- Canadian Multifaith Federation (CMF) Formerly Ontario Multifaith Council (OMC)
- National Institute of Business and Industrial Chaplains
- Healthcare Chaplaincy Training and Development in Scotland
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. – USA
- The National Association of Catholic Chaplains- USA
- Society for Pastoral Theology
- Pastoral/Spiritual Care Department of the Newfoundland & Labrador Health
- Association of Professional Chaplains
- Pediatric Chaplains
- Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology
- Spiritual Directors International
- The Association of Theological Schools
- CASC Supervisors of the Greater Toronto Area
- Toronto Centre for Pastoral Counselling Education
- Institute for the Advancement of Self Psychology (IASP)
- Society for Pastoral Counselling research
- European Centre for Conflict prevention
- The Churches Council on Theological Education in Canada
- Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
- Spiritual and Religious Care week Materials from Multifaith Information Services Canadian Multifaith Federation (CMF) Formerly Ontario Multifaith Council (OMC)
- Pastoral Care Week
- The Brief & Narrative Therapy Network
- The Hincks-Dellcrest Treatment Centre, a children’s mental health centre
- Quality in end of Life Care Canada
- Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute Inc.
- The Way Forward: An Integrated Palliative Approach to Care
- http://livingmyculture.ca/culture/ The Canadian Virtual Hospice has created this site where people from various cultures share their stories and wisdom about living with serious illness, end of life and grief to support others.
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association/ Association canadienne de soins palliatifs
- The Spirituality and Health Online Education and Resource Center (SOERCE), is a George Washing Institute for Spirituality and Health (GWish) program developed with support from the John Templeton Foundation. SOERCE aims to be the premiere online location for educational and clinical resources in the fields of spirituality, religion, and health. http://www.gwish.org//
- Spiritual Care Matters: An Introductory Resource For All NHS Scotland Staff An introduction to spiritual care for professionals in all healthcare disciplines. (Included on the SOERCE site, but worth listing seperately)
- Canadian Council of Christian Charities – They do extensive work in assisting clergy with the income tax issues, such as clergy housing allowance.
- Do you work with patients with Alzheimer’s or other dementias? CASC/ACSS is a participant with other groups in the Alzheimer Knowledge Exchange (AKE). They are creating communities of practice to support caregivers of patients and families. Check out the AKE website at https://www.akeresourcecentre.org/ .
- Encounter World Religions Centre
- Music of Room 217 has been specifically designed to create a pathway of comfort for those with a life challenging illness.
- Caregiving in the Hospital – Windows to Chaplaincy Ministry
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
- PlainViews – e-newsletter to promote dialogue among chaplains and other spiritual care providers
- Links for pastoral care for the healthcare chaplain
- Link directory in the field of psychology and Christianity
- Spiritual Assessment
Organizations with resources on the web to help with a response to disasters.
- http://www.spiritualcare.ca/flow/outbind://12-00000000DF5AF2BED12E294486E8F042D54CDBB8E4303000/www.ptsdinfo.org -Gateway to Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Information.
- http://www.giftfromwithin.org/ -PTSD Resources for Survivors and Caregivers
http://www.vdbs.org/ -Violent Death Bereavement Society