CFSC/FCSS Regional Board Representative
Who? The CFSC/FCSS regional Board representative is a person who believes in and supports the mission and objectives of the Foundation and wants to make a contribution as a Board member.
Term of Office: Two years, may be extended for a second term of two years
- Attend as you are able and actively participate in approximately 6 CFSC/FCSS Board teleconference calls a year
- Participate in the adjudication process of choosing grant and bursary recipients.
- Share your creativity and respond to the creative ideas of other members on the CFSC/FCSS Board.
- Express your enthusiasm for finding ways to support the future of spiritual care through research and education.
- Inform regional executive of any new CFSC/FCSS initiatives through a written report.
- Communicate with the CASC/ACSS members in the region through articles in regional newsletter or email blast.
- Encourage regional members to apply for CFSC/FCSS research grants and CPE bursaries.
- Solicit regional support for any CFSC/FCSS fundraising events, such as the annual Walk/Run/Roll at the CASC/ACSS conference.
- Participate in a national board dedicated to supporting the future of our profession.
- Experience the lively discourse of the teleconference calls.
- Represent the uniqueness of your region on the CFSC/FCSS Board.
- Learn about and share what is happening in other regions.
- Develop friendships with the other members of the CFSC/FCSS Board from across the country.
- Enjoy the fruits of your labour as you see the Foundation grow.
- Know that you are making a difference in a very concrete way in the lives of present and future CASC/FCSS members.
- Feel satisfied that you have contributed to the ongoing work of the Foundation.
The above information is contained in this PDF document