Friday evening campfire before the Star light walk
It was wonderful to meet our newly hired Director of Marketing and Innovation, Patrick McNeill, who was able to be at Deerhurst for some of the preliminary meetings and for the first part of the conference. CASC is so excited about the skills and expertise Patrick brings to move us forward. Welcome Patrick!
Thurs and Fri SPED talks (SPiritual Education and Discovery)
- In their own words: Baby boomers envisioning late life spiritual resources – Jane Kuepfer
- Arts based spiritual care practices- Deborah Kirkpatrick
- Personal Practice Model- Handout-
- The Heart of My Arts Based Spiritual Care Practice–bibliography -Deborah Kirkpatrick
- Henri Nouwen- Courage for Caregivers – Michelle O’Rourke
Thursday Panel Presentation on Looking at Our Organizational Design:
- Adapting for the 21st Century by CASC president Elaine Nagy
- Financial Implications Report by CASC Treasurer- Francis Maza
- ACP President Elect-Bob Oliver’s power point
- ACPE Executive Director Trace Haythorne’s Power point
Fri Key note: Dr. Luis Fornazzi: Art Body and Mind
Sat Foundation AGM Canadian Foundation for Spiritual Care AGM Report
Sat Banquet Presentations
Verda Rochon Award- This year their were two nominees- Lorraine Nicely and Bob Bond
Lorraine Nicely (Right) is presented with award by President Elaine Nagy (Center).
Below Marvin Shank (Left) introduces Bob Bond (Centre) as president Elaine Nagy (right) presents Verda Rochon award.
Tim Frymire (Left) presents mozaic portraits to out going president Philip Weaver
Toast/Roast of out going former president Phil Weaver Large power point -may take a bit longer to down load
Incoming Foundation President Tom Powell (left) introduces Fun Run Honoree Toni Delabbio
2019 Conference team invite CASC members to Fredericton New Brunswick next year
Conference Co-chairs, Marc Doucet (Left) and Maureen Anderson thank attendees and close a very successful conference
Thank you to Mike Chow for the photos.
To see more of Mike’s amazing photos- some of which he shared at the conference for an early morning meditation Click here
More photos of the conference to come.
Dr. Kenneth Pargament Presentations
- Professional Grief: Providing a Safe Forum for Healthcare Staff to Explore its Spiritual and Emotional Components – Rena Arshinoff, Robert Hunt and Brian Walsh (in absentia)
- The Role of Spiritual Care in the Trauma Pathway Lori Robertson,
- Ottawa Hospital – electronic charting.-Vivian Stang & Karen Nelson
- Partnering with Health Professionals in Spiritual-Cultural Care Janet Stark
- Pay it Forward Marj Pettinger & Margaret Clark
- Do What You Are: Re-Framing Work and the Workplace in a Brave new World Bruce Musgrave
- Bereavement Paliative care focused CPE Peter Barnes
- HCM Benchmarking of Spiritual Care Departments in Ontario Hospitals – Rev. Bob Bond, Updated May 1, 2013
- Palliative Care: Taking care of Muslim patients Khadija Haffajee
- What does God have to do with it?: Cultivating spiritual and religious needs of Muslim patients to empower change toward building culturally safe health care Sylvia Reitmanova
- Burnout Spiritual Incongruence Lynette Monteiro
- Inter-Partner Touch in Couple Counselling Martin Rovers
- The contribution of a congregation based unit of Supervised Pastoral Education (SPE) to cultivating spiritual health in congregational ministry Don Misener