CASC/ACSS Conference 2018
Call for Proposals
Canadian Association for Spiritual Care Conference
Exploring Spiritual Landscapes Through the Arts
25-28 April 2018
We have partnered with the Arts and Humanities Program at the University of Toronto to bring a program that teach clinician how to integrate the arts into their practices. In addition to exceptional keynote speakers, we will have 10 of their faculty leading two ninety minute hands on, experiential Creative Encounters each day in the areas of dance, poetry, theatre and visual arts, just to name a few.
Our Pre-Conference workshop will be a full day of learning through Improv and we will be offering the required ethics module for certification.
The Deerhurst Resort is an 880 acre facility that is an ideal setting to explore the intersection of spirituality and the arts and we are excited to offer this venue to the participants. Visit www.deerhurstresort.com for more information about the resort or to book your room.
Call for proposals for SPED Talks
(Spiritual Education and Discovery Talks)
Following the well-known model of “Ted Talks,” we are looking for 15 minute dynamic and engaging presentations to be part of a round robin series. This will be the workshop component of this year’s conference. Topics may include an innovative practice, a summary of research, an innovative didactic or case study.
Criteria for Selection:
- Engaging presentations.
- Relevance to practice, education and research in Spiritual Care and Therapy.
- Excellence and Best Practices.
- Non CASC members are welcome to submit.
- Presentation are a maximum of 15 minutes with 50-70 people in room.
- Presenters must bring their own laptops and audio equipment.
- Presenters must bring sufficient copies of their own handouts/materials
- We will have screens, projectors, flip charts and markers. Please indicate your needs below.
- Room set-up will be lecture style unless requested otherwise
- There is no remuneration. Presenters must register for a minimum of one day at the conference.
Deadline for Proposals: October 15th, 2017. Submit to email@example.com. Please type your responses. Please send bios and pictures of all presenters along with your application.
Title of talk:
Brief Description or outline:
(Please provide enough detail that the selection committee can understand how your talk will be effective and engage an audience).
(Please provide 1-2 clear learning goals for your talk)
How do you see your presentation engaging the audience?
Briefly describe your public speaking experience.
Target Audience: Entry Level______ Advanced ____
E-mail: Daytime Phone number:
Room set-up will be lecture style unless indicated otherwise. Please indicate here: _________________
Projector required: Yes No
Flip Chart/Markers required: Yes No
Include a brief bio and picture:
Presenters may be invited to contribute to publications following the Conference. Your presentation may be videotaped. By submitting this application you agree to having your presentation videotaped.