CASC/ACSS is a Member-driven organization with representation across Canada. Our organizational structure is volunteer-based and supports the needs of Members and their work with the communities served.
The CASC/ACSS Board of Directors comprises seven Directors, including the President, plus ex-officio national office staff:
- Vice President
- Three Commission Chairs
Three Commissions are core to the structure and functioning of CASC/ACSS. Each Commission is represented on the Board by the respective Chair.
- Educational Standards Commission (ESC)
- Regional Admitting Chairs—representing each region and AIISSQ, Academic Assessment Chair, Accreditation Chair, Certification Chair, Secretary, Vice/Past Chair, ESC Chair
- Professional Practice Commission (PPC)
- Regional representatives— representing each region and AIISSQ, Peer Review Coordinator, Pastoral Counseling Representative, Research Committee Chair, Secretary, Vice/Past Chair, PPC Chair
- National Ethics Commission (NEC)
- Regional Ethics Chairs representing each region and AIISSQ, Vice/Past Chair, NEC Chair
With nine regions across Canada, Members benefit from a network and structure which supports localized nuances. Each Region elects a representative to each Commission.